Monday, October 15, 2012

Coupon Redemption

Last weekend I attended a "Coupon 101" class offered at my church by the Women's Ministry. The class taught me everything I needed to know about couponing. The presenter, Sarah Lineberry, had lots of great ideas and tips. I learned how to organize my coupons. I learned how to recognize "friendly" cashiers and how to "play the game" at my local drugstore. (Don't worry, it's all fair and legal!) I discovered several helpful websites devoted to couponing and which grocery stores had the best deals and will double and triple my coupons! At the end of the presentation I was motivated to go shop, redeem my coupons and save money!
But during the class, as I was pondering coupons, I thought of  the best "coupon" that has ever been redeemed. The best that has ever been offered - Jesus Christ. Through Jesus, I have the redemption of my sins, the promise of eternal life. I don't need to present a coupon,  I just need faith and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of my life. No clipping, no organizing, and no searching out deals. Jesus gave me the best "deal" and coupon of all when he went willingly to the cross for my sins. His gift of eternal life has no expiration date and I don't even need my "readers" to see it!

Colossians 1:13-14 "For he has rescued us from darkness and
brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption,
the forgiveness of sins."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment