Saturday, August 2, 2014

102 Interesting and Not So Interesting Things About Me....

101 Interesting and Not so Interesting Things You May or May Not Know About Me:

  1. I read the printed newspaper every day while I eat my breakfast.
  2. Breakfast always includes 2 scrambled eggs and orange juice
  3. I taught myself to type on a manual typewriter with a 1950's textbook. 
  4. I am addicted to Rice Krispie Treats
  5. I've lived in Durham all my life except for one year in Chapel Hill and 2 weeks in Greenville, NC 
  6. I went to ECU for 2 weeks. 
  7. I like Marshmallow Peeps best if they are just a little dried out.
  8. I floss my teeth every night-I mean EVERY night.
  9. I was born with a heart defect-bicuspid aortic valve
  10. I taught aerobics for over 20 years
  11. I once met a real hero - Jesse Owens, and I have his autograph.
  12. I worked as a "Steerette" at Golden Corral in high school.
  13. I was kissed by Buddy Hackett while working as a Steerette at Golden Corral in high school.
  14. I've always pulled for NC State-NEVER any other team.
  15. I was saved in 1973 at a Billy Graham Crusade in Carter Finley Stadium.
  16. I almost choked to death in a swing set accident when very young.
  17. I fell in the bathtub and split my chin when I was 3.
  18. I got chicken pox when I was 26.
  19. My first dog was named Shep, my second dog was named Shep.
  20. My favorite color is orange- the happy color.
  21. I am an introvert.
  22. I like to speak in front of people and most of the time it doesn't make me nervous. 
  23. I am fiercely loyal to my family and friends and expect them to be loyal to me.
  24. My favorite Bible passage is Job 19:25-27
  25. My favorite book of the Bible is 1 Thessalonians. Jesus IS coming back!
  26. My favorite hymn is Be Thou My Vision.
  27. My favorite Bible character is Rahab.
  28. I can live without meat but not without bread and pasta.
  29. My favorite book series as an adult is the Mitford Series by Jan Karon. 
  30. My favorite book series as a child was the Betsy-Tacy books by Maud Hart Lovelace. 
  31. I don't watch much TV but when I do I watch old TV shows and House Hunters. 
  32. My favorite movie is You've Got Mail. 
  33. I cried everyday for the first half of 1st grade. Poor Mrs. Moore. 
  34. Both elementary schools I attended no longer stand - Hillandale was torn down and a new one built,  and Bragtown 6th Grade Center burned down. 
  35. I've had foot surgery my right foot, knee surgery on my right knee, and 2 cortisone injections in my right elbow.  
  36. I have a bowl of cereal every night before bed. Usually Raisin Bran. 
  37. I am very schedule/routine oriented and don't like quick changes or surprises.  I just  don't like change. 
  38. I've had the same hairdresser for 25 years. 
  39. My favorite place to visit is Israel-I've been there twice.
  40. I was on the Dance Team in high school. 
  41. Unmade beds drive me crazy, I make the bed EVERY day.
  42. I like my music loud!
  43. Coke not Pepsi. But not very often.
  44. I don't like or drink coffee AT ALL.
  45. I drink cold, unsweet, decaf tea. ( I know, why bother!)
  46. I climbed Mount Sinai in Egypt.
  47. I slept on the floor of a bus through the country of Jordan-I was sick.
  48. I was baptized in the Jordan River in Israel.
  49. I've been to the Great Pyramids of Giza, Egypt. 
  50. I've sailed on the Sea of Galilee. 
  51. I stood at the Eastern Gate in Jerusalem.
  52. I swam in the Dead Sea. Yes, you really do float.
  53. I've been to Mount Rushmore.
  54. I've seen the Badlands.
  55. I'm still friends with my first best friend and we attend the same Bible Study every Monday night. 
  56. I love LeSeur Small Early Peas. Yep, it's true.
  57. I can't sit still for long. 
  58. I love yellow sweetheart roses.
  59. But I also like daisies. "The happy flower".
  60. My family drove across the US to North Dakota when I was in the 6th grade, in a 70's Buick Electra 225 -3 men in the front seat, 3 women in the back seat. 
  61. I still keep in touch with a pen pal from 1977- She became my friend. I was in her wedding and she was in mine. 
  62. My first plane ride was when I was 19. I flew to New York to meet my pen pal. (see #61)
  63. Spiders don't bother me but insects that hop do. 
  64. Frogs gross me out. 
  65. I always pause and say "awwww" when I see a bunny rabbit. 
  66. My thumb is not green.
  67. There were 4 girls with the name Robin in my 4th grade class.
  68. I don't play any musical instrument. My mother tried to teach me to play the piano but...(see #57).
  69. Asymmetry bothers me.  
  70. The first election I voted in, I voted for Ronald Reagan.  I would do it again. 
  71. Southpoint Mall is my happy place. So is Harris Teeter. 
  72. The older I get, the more I like birds. (outside birds, not inside in a cage)
  73. Thunderstorms and lightening still frighten me. 
  74. I have a pink tool box. It has a roll of duct tape in it. Of course. 
  75. The hardest thing I have ever done is start a new job after 24 years at my old one. 
  76. The movie "Brian's Song" still makes me sob. "Marley and Me" comes a close second on  the sob scale. Don't even ask me about "Hochi". 
  77. I drove a '74 Yellow Chevy Vega my senior year of High School. 
  78. My favorite subject in school was Social Studies/History. 
  79. I. cannot. do. Math. 
  80. I am an organ donor. Aren't you?
  81. My first trip to Washington, DC was in 2006. I was 42 years old. 
  82. One of my biggest "pet peeves" is paying at the pump to get gas and then having to go inside to get the receipt.
  83. It bugs me when someone is nice to me one day and then acts like they don't know me the next.
  84. "Fake" people and "hiney-kissers" bug me. 
  85. If I could have a "do over", I would not have wasted so much time on things that don't matter and spent more time pursuing God's calling for me.  
  86. I rode a camel. Twice. 
  87. I've never been on a horse.
  88. I get out of sorts when my house is out of sorts.
  89. Tick bites always result in a doctor's visit. 
  90. I am normally not a "cryer".  I have a friend that teasingly calls me "Hard-Hearted Hannah"
  91. I am a side-sleeper. 
  92. I once had burgundy hair.
  93. I held 4 jobs at one time-1 full time and 3 part time. 3 of those jobs required me to wear a leotard and tights. Of course I was single at the time. 
  94. I was the "baby" of the family growing up.
  95. I always said I would never have my wedding in the summer. I got married on August 29, 1987. Never say never.
  96. I took dance lessons for 5 years but switched to gymnastics because I wanted to be the next Olga Korbut. I quit gymnastics and took figure skating lessons because I wanted to be the next Dorothy Hamill. Turns out, I became neither. 
  97. My husband is the "BigEyeCrappieman" but I've never cooked Crappie.
  98. I'm married to Rod.
  99. I'm mother to Caitlin.
  100. I'm mother-in-law to Bradley.
  101.  Anytime you come by my house, you are likely to find a pile of clothes on the extra bed waiting to be folded. 
  102. I will soon have Open Heart Surgery to replace my Aortic Valve. Asking for prayers from all my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment